Out of this world! How you and others rate us
There are many ways that a financial institution, such as Arsenal, can be rated – from its service, products and rates, to its financial health, strength and stability.
We really do care what you think
Our goal is to always provide you with the best service and give you the digital banking tools you expect to have in 2020. That’s why we periodically ask you for feedback in the form of member experience surveys. We also monitor what financial publications, trade organizations and review websites have to say about us so we know how we’re doing and how to improve.
Right now we want to take a moment to share what you and what others have to say about our level of service, our digital banking products, our financial stability and much more.
The voice of you, our members
From 2010-2018, we asked members to rate the quality of service they received from front-line staff. These satisfaction surveys included a number of questions, including one asking members to rate the service they received during a transaction the prior day as either poor, fair, good or excellent.
A high percentage of respondents (between 81.19% and 89.67%) rated our service as excellent (see results from each year in the video below).
“Each year, the bar for staff was raised, and nearly every year they reached and surpassed the minimum or stretch goal that was established. Employees consistently providing excellent service has led to high member satisfaction and helped us continue to grow,” says ACU President/CEO Linda Allen.
A new and improved approach
Last year, we began measuring the experience that members have when doing transactions, opening accounts and applying for loans. Currently, you’ve rated us highly – 6.57% on a 1 to 7 scale, with “1” being “extremely difficult” and “7” representing “extremely easy.” If you had a recent transaction that was not easy, please call us at 314.962.6363 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ratings for our mobile app
- “I love the app. It’s very convenient and easy.” — Terry Beckemeyer (November 3, 2020)
- “The use of functions and features are easy-to-use.” – Kent Adams (September 28, 2020)
- “Super convenient on so many levels. Written in great code. Generally very stable.” – Jon Gergeceff (August 24, 2020)
- “This app is very user friendly. I love having access to all of my banking needs anytime.” – Amy Hardy (August 6, 2020)
We constantly monitor what you are telling us on Google My Business. Monitoring allows us to find reviews that are less than perfect and help each member personally. It also allows to improve our processes and procedures and improve service for everyone at the credit union.
- Arnold Branch: 4.4 stars based on 61 reviews
- Webster Groves Branch: 4.0 stars based on 26 reviews
- North County Branch: 4.5 stars based on 15 reviews
- Swansea Branch: 3.7 stars based on 6 reviews
Comparing deposit rates
Throughout the year, the rates and dividends we pay members on deposit accounts are significantly higher than what big banks pay their customers, based on data from RateWatch. Last year, compared to Bank of America, PNC and Regions we paid:
- Up to 10 times higher annual percentage yield (APY) on savings accounts
- Up to 25 times higher APY on low-balance money market accounts (MMAs)
- Up to 90 times higher on high-balance MMAs
- Up to 20 times higher APY on shorter-term CDs
- Up to 9 times higher APY on longer-term CDs
RateWatch also monitors local competitors’ deposit rates for us. Data that they report shows our deposit rates are very competitive with what local banks and other credit unions pay, with ours typically among the highest in the St. Louis metro area.
Financial performance ratings
- We’ve received a 5-star “superior” rating for each of past 12 quarters from Bauer Financial, an independent statistical rating organization.
- Weiss Ratings gives us a a B+ rating, which is the same grade that the strongest/highest-rated banks in the country have received.
- DepositAccounts.com currently has an “A” health rating for us.