Is your vehicle ready for summer? Summer driving safety tips
Summer can take a toll on your vehicle’s working parts. Check these parts of your vehicle to keep you and your vehicle safe during the summer:
- Air conditioning: Have a qualified technician examine the system so you are not stranded in the heat.
- Cooling system: Avoid overheating and summer breakdowns. Have the system flushed and refilled every 24 months.
- Oil: Edmunds recommends changing your oil between 7,500 and 10,000 miles. Some cars need new oil every 5,000 miles. Check with your owner’s manual to see how often you need to change yours.
- Windshield wipers: Change these after a long winter
- Engine: Replace the filters
- Lights: Inspect all lights to make sure all bulbs are working.
- Tires: Rotate them every 5,000 miles.
- Brakes: Inspect them each season and look for corrosion or deposits.
Safety should always be your top concern while driving. Here are some additional summer driving safety tips insurance companies want you to follow:
- Stay focused. Be attentive to the road 100 percent of the time without being distracted with cellphones or multitasking.
- Defensive driving means being aware of what is going on around you and expecting the unexpected. Assume all motorists are unaware of you and act accordingly. Stay two to four seconds or three car lengths behind the vehicle in front of you.
- When you go on a road trip, have a safety plan, know where the rest stops are and make sure you have everything in your vehicle to address an emergency.
- Keep occupants safe by securing any cargo in the vehicle. If you drop items on the floor while driving, don’t reach for them while the vehicle is moving. Make sure everything you need is within an arm’s reach.
Ready for a new vehicle?
If you need a new ride for your summer driving needs, we have the tool to help you find it: arsenalcu.groovecar.com. With this website you can:
- Research millions of vehicles for sale
- Save time and money with an Arsenal preapproval
- NADA Trade-In Values – find out what your car is worth
- Free CARFAX, vehicle comparisons and more
Remember that auto loans at Arsenal feature low rates and flexible terms. A quick loan decision means that you’ll be out driving and enjoying your summer in no time.