Arnold branch blood drive: Monday, June 22
Give blood. Help save lives.
Our Arnold branch will once again be hosting the Red Cross Bloodmobile to help collect blood donations for those in need. Red Cross workers will be at the branch on Monday, June 22, from 12:30 p.m. until 5:30 p.m.
To schedule your appointment, please visit RedCrossBlood.org and enter the keyword ArsenalCreditUnion to schedule your appointment. You can also call 1.800.RED.CROSS (1.800.733.2767).
Demand for blood donations remains constant during coronavirus pandemic
During the first few weeks of the crisis, many blood drives were cancelled due to schools and companies shutting down. That did not decrease the amount of blood donations needed by hospitals. If you are healthy enough to give blood, now is the time to donate.
Is it still safe to donate blood?
The Red Cross has increased its safety protocols due to coronavirus. At each donation center, Red Cross employees typically follow thorough safety protocols. These protocols have been enhanced to include:
- Enhanced disinfecting of surfaces and equipment
- Providing hand sanitizer for use before entering and throughout the donation appointment
- Temperature checks before presenting donors enter the blood drive or donation center
- Following social distancing practices between donors, including donor beds, as well as waiting and refreshment areas
- During this time, blankets typically used by platelet, Power Red and AB Elite donors at Red Cross blood donation centers will be laundered after each use, which may limit the availability. Donors are encouraged to bring their own blankets, but electric blankets and heating pads are not permitted.
- Staff wearing basic face masks
- In accordance with CDC guidelines, all donors are required to wear a face covering or mask. Donors are asked to bring a face covering or mask to the donation. If you do not have one, a mask will be provided to you.