Make a difference by sharing your time and talents
We’re in need of more members to step forward.
Take a more active role in your credit union and help lead us on a continued successful path by serving on our board of directors or supervisory committee. It’s an opportunity for you to continue learning, add to your professional development and work alongside other service-minded people!
In a nutshell:
- Attend quarterly meetings.
- Participate in an annual strategic planning session.
- Take advantage of educational opportunities provided.
- Share your knowledge, skills and experience.
Board members exercise general direction and control of the affairs of the credit union. This involves:
- Monitoring the annual operating budget and the financial performance of the credit union as compared to the budget
- Reviewing and establishing limits on acceptable levels of risk
- Setting policies
- Posing questions and sharing views and ideas with senior management and fellow board members
- Considering and representing the needs and views of the membership as a whole
Supervisory committee members serve in a different role, such as:
- Ensuring the board acts prudently and uses due care in arriving at decisions
- Monitoring the financial strength of the credit union
- Reviewing and approving internal audit plan
- Reviewing the reported results of federal/state exams and third-party audits
- Evaluating the policies and procedures of the credit union
If you have knowledge of financial matters and experience in any of the following – general business, accounting, auditing, legal or regulatory compliance, technology, public relations, marketing, sales or human resources – that’s a plus.
Discover how rewarding, interesting and fun it can be serving on our board of directors or supervisory committee!