Recommended slate of volunteer candidates for 2021, plus a call for petitions
For our 2021 elections, we have two open positions on the board of directors and one open position on the supervisory committee.
As recommended by the nominating committee and approved by the board of directors on Dec. 30, 2020, the following Arsenal members will be elected to non-paid positions at the credit union at our Annual Meeting in April unless any other primary members age 18+ in good standing with ACU want to have their named added to the official ballot: Keith Emery and Juanita Novotny and Charles Thilman. Each position is a three-year term.
- Emery is a developer and project manager at Paradigm New Media Group in St. Louis. He has served as a volunteer at Arsenal since 2007, starting out on the supervisory committee and then moving to the board in 2009.
- Novonty is a senior accountant with Daniel Jones & Associates and is completing her second term on the board.
- Thilman works as a systems engineer senior advisor with a geospatial consulting firm. He will be running for his second term on the supervisory committee after completing his first term.
Call for petitions
Other qualified members can have their name added to the ballot by collecting signatures from 146 other primary members; this number represents one-half of 1 percent of total membership, as of Jan. 5, 2021.
The deadline to submit the required number of signatures is Friday, Feb. 5, 2021. For the official petition form and procedures, please contact Theresa Budde at 314.501.1641 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Democracy in action
Board and supervisory committee elections are held annually in late April at our membership meeting in Arnold (with the exception of our all-virtual meeting that was held in Nov. 2020).
All members are invited to attend and cast their votes if they are listed as the primary owner on their account. Regardless of how much or how little money that a member (age 18+) has on deposit at the credit union, each member gets the same number of votes: one for each open position.
Associate positions available
We’re always seeking qualified members to serve in volunteer roles. Associate positions are available, which are appointed rather than elected.
These positions are designed to help prepare individuals over a two-year period for possible future service as elected officials. Associate directors participate in and assist with the decision-making process but do not get to vote on matters like elected officials do.
- Participation on various committees
- Discussion of new programs and policies
- Strategic planning
- New product development
Please send an email to Theresa Budde if you are interested in an associate position.