We’re looking for the perfect partner! Volunteer at Arsenal Credit Union
Want to make a difference at your credit union? Apply to serve on our board of directors or supervisory committee.
We’re looking for members with different skills, talents, educational backgrounds and work experience to serve on our board of directors or supervisory committee.
What’s in it for you? A lot!
Our volunteers are decision makers. You’ll play a significant role in strengthening the value of the credit union and planning out our continued success.
You’ll voice your questions, views and ideas to other volunteers on the board and senior management at quarterly meetings and annual strategic planning sessions.
It’s also an opportunity for you to continue learning, add to your professional development and work alongside other service-minded people!
Why is volunteering at Arsenal so important?
Unlike banks, which are for-profit businesses, credit unions are not-for-profit organizations. We rely on members to serve in volunteer positions.
This helps to keep our costs down and give more back to members in the form of better rates, lower fees, improved access, enhanced products & services, etc.
What exactly does a volunteer do?
- Volunteers on the board of directors oversee the general direction of the credit union.
- Volunteers on the supervisory committee monitor the financial strength of the credit union.
What are the requirements?
- Must be a primary member on your savings account.
- Have at least one other product relationship (checking, money market, loan, CD, IRA, online bill pay or direct deposit).
- Be in good standing.
- Meet attendance and training requirements.
- Be willing to represent membership as a whole and make decisions in everyone’s best interests.
Don’t want to apply online? No problem. Request a paper application by contacting Theresa Budde at 314.501.1641 or firstname.lastname@example.org.