Feed the Masses: Food Drive
We’ll be collecting donations from Nov. 1, through Nov. 25.
This Thanksgiving season, help us give back to those in need. Please bring canned and non-perishable food items to any of our four branches. Donations will go to Arnold Food Pantry.
What is Feed the Masses?
When the different cities of the St. Louis metro area get together, they can make a huge difference. A total of 21 parks and recreation departments from the region are competing to see which city can collect the most food items to be donated to local food banks. This is the second annual food drive contest put on by the different cities.
All donations made at Arsenal Credit Union branches will help support the City of Arnold Parks & Recreation Department’s participation in the contest.
Every donation matters
Even if you can only give a little, you’ll be helping someone in need. Feeding America, offers several statistics about the state of hunger in America.
- Due to the coronavirus pandemic, more than 42 million people may experience food insecurity, including a potential 13 million children.
- In 2020, over 60 million people turned to food banks and community programs for help putting food on the table.
- The pandemic has most impacted families that were already facing hunger or were one paycheck away from it.
- Households with children are more likely to experience food insecurity.
- Every community in the country is home to families who face hunger.
- Many households that experience food insecurity don’t qualify for federal nutrition programs. They visit their local food banks for support.