Arsenal awards $10,000 to area nonprofit organizations
For the third year in a row, we’re awarding money to organizations that serve our community through the Arsenal Community Impact Fund.
When the pandemic hit in 2020, nonprofit organizations took a big hit. Their ability to fundraise and recruit volunteers became more difficult than ever.
To help these organizations, we created the Arsenal Community Impact Fund. The program is designed to help local nonprofits apply for the funds they need in the form of grants and help less fortunate members of the community in the special ways that their organizations are equipped to do.
During the first two years of the program, we were able to award $24,300. This year, we awarded an additional $10,000 to seven more organizations. Meet our 2022 Arsenal Community Impact Fund grant recipients below.
- The Breakfast Club
- Team Activities for Special Kids
- Down Syndrome Association of Greater St. Louis
- Finding Grace Ministries/The Harbor
- United Student Athletes
- Jefferson County Pet Food Pantry
- Epworth Children and Family Services
Located in Florissant, Missouri
- Their mission: To educate the community on breast health, provide support services to breast cancer survivors, distribute bras and prostheses to women who can’t afford them. The Breakfast Club also offers monthly support groups, comfort kits for women going though chemotherapy and more.
- The grant from Arsenal will help support this program. Arsenal will also continue to host mammography vans at some of our branches and provide comfort bags.
Located in Fenton, Missouri
- Their mission: To enrich the lives of children and adults with special needs by providing athletic, artistic and social opportunities. They strive to build self-confidence in their clients by helping them to achieve success.
- Arsenal’s grant will support this program by helping to fund their gardening club kickoff and associated activities. Arsenal grant committee members also presented the group with gardening materials.
Located in Brentwood, Missouri
- Their mission: To serve, support and celebrate the lives of all individuals with Down syndrome and their families.
- Arsenal’s grant will go toward funding the Ready 2 Work Employment Initiative for individuals with Down syndrome. This program aims to close the employment gap for individuals with Down syndrome by providing a personalized curriculum of employment skills that translate into a job opportunity.
Located in Arnold, Missouri
- Their mission: To strive to prevent abuse, neglect and exploitation of youth and adults who are at-risk or experiencing homelessness. They also provide emergency shelter and transitional housing for individuals facing homelessness.
- Money from the grant will go toward their emergency shelter fund that helps take care of the costs of temporary housing for homeless individuals and families in Jefferson County.
Located in Florissant, Missouri
- Their mission: To provide programs necessary to ensure St. Louis County youth have equal opportunities to succeed in life. Their focus is to provide a safe haven for youth while cultivating relationships with community partners and increasing academic learning potentials.
- Arsenal’s grant money will help provide scholarships for students to participate in sports programs.
Located in House Springs, Missouri
- Their mission: To provide pet food, education and assistance in accessing services to low-income families, senior citizens, veterans, disabled persons and those experiencing homelessness in Jefferson County — to ensure that their companion animals never go hungry or suffer.
- The grant money from Arsenal will go toward the organization’s mobile feline spay program.
Located in Webster Groves, Missouri
- Their mission: To empower youth who have experienced trauma to realize their unique potential by meeting essential needs, cultivating residency and building community. Epworth provides a range of services including: therapeutic foster care and case management; residential and intensive treatment; individual/family therapy; and comprehensive psychological testing.
- The grant money from Arsenal will go toward providing a bike rack at the Epworth Center.
You can help give back to these organizations
In the above descriptions, we’ve linked to the Facebook pages and/or websites of our 2022 grant recipients. If you want to support any of the particular causes, please click on one of the links to learn more about donating your money, time or both.
Additional help for nonprofits
If you would like to request smaller financial support, sponsorships, promo items, door prizes, employee volunteers or other donations for your organization, please fill out the form below.