College scholarship competition now open: Win higher ed. money with us
Current high school seniors are welcome to apply for our 2023 Randy D. Pratt College Scholarship.
It’s that time of year again. We’re now accepting applications for our 2023 college scholarship competition.
Download your application right here, right now. All applications are due by end of day Tuesday, Feb. 14, 2023.
How much can students win?
We’ll be awarding $1,500 scholarships to up to five (5) students.
Since we started awarding scholarships back in 1997, 102 students have won $101,650.
Who can apply?
We only have two strict requirements for entry:
- You’re currently a high school senior (graduating in spring 2023) planning on attending a university, accredited trade school, technical school or two-year community college in the fall of 2023.
- You must have been a member at Arsenal Credit Union for at least a year.
Whether you want to go to law school later, study psychology or learn a trade, we want to help make your higher education more affordable.
What are we looking for?
There’s no run-of-the-mill type of student our judges want to pick as a winner, But, we’ll be looking out for these things in your application:
- Academic achievement (GPA, honors and awards)
- Extracurricular activities
- Demonstrated leadership
- Community involvement/volunteer service
- An essay
- Use of Arsenal products and services
- One letter of recommendation
Who’s won scholarships in the past?
Each year, we create videos about our scholarship winners and present them at our Annual Membership Meeting (held in late April 2023). Here are our winners from last year.
Who’s Randy D. Pratt?
With 28 years of service on Arsenal’s board of directors, Randy D. Pratt was the longest-serving volunteer in Arsenal Credit Union’s history. He held the scholarship program near and dear to his heart. Randy retired from service at Arsenal in April 2019. Our scholarships are named in honor of him.