A Career @ Arsenal
When you work at Arsenal, it’s more than a job. You’re part of a mission that puts helping people above all else.
As a not-for-profit organization, we place a priority on providing superior member service. Because of this, we hire employees who are friendly, courteous, ethical and honest. When you join Arsenal, we will provide you with the knowledge and skills to aid in your career development and best help our members.
We have a friendly, caring, fun work environment. Managers, co-workers and departments support, encourage and help one another. Our culture and values lead to many employees staying with us for the long run.
Statistics about our current employees:
- Nearly half of our staff have been with us for 5 years or more.
- Nearly 30 percent of our staff have been with us 10 years or more.
- Our senior management team has 151 years of combined financial institution experience.
- From 2013-2018, Arsenal employees volunteered 5,214 service hours toward improving our community on behalf of the credit union.
Advancement opportunities are available.
More than just a competitive salary
We offer a comprehensive benefits package to all full-time employees including:
- Voluntary medical and dental insurance
- Flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care
- Company-paid long-term disability and short-term disability
- Group-paid life and accidental death & dismemberment insurance
- Voluntary life insurance
- 401(k) plan that includes a generous company match
- Paid time off to both full-time and part-time employees
- Not only do we offer PTO, we also offer VTO (voluntary time off) so staff can help give back to the community.
- Free access to an Identity Theft Recovery Service if employees (and up to three generations of their family) experience any kind of identity theft.
- Free flu shots/wellness program
- Free employee assistance program to help deal with issues before they begin to affect health or job performance
Plenty of appreciation
Each year, Arsenal’s management team dedicates an entire week to employees filled with fun activities, food and gratitude.
- Food! Catered lunches, potlucks, pretzels, ice cream, and random treats delivered directly to you while you’re at work, such as Bionic apples and candy
- Bring your dog to work! Have you ever wondered what your dog does while you’re at work? During EAW, you can bring your dog to the credit union to hang out.
- Dress down days! Arsenal has a business casual dress code throughout the year, but during employee appreciation week, you get the opportunity to dress as your favorite superhero, dress in patriotic clothes or dress in the gear of your favorite sports team. This is in addition to Blues and Cardinals dress down days throughout the year, an ugly Christmas sweater day and a costume day on Halloween.
Some other activities we held in 2017 included 10-minute back and neck massages and employee name bingo with prizes.
A holiday luncheon is typically held in late December, along with multiple Christmas drawing giveaways. All employee receive gift cards.
At regularly scheduled branch meetings held by our president/CEO, staff receives updates on how the credit union is performing on business scorecard measures, recent accomplishments at the credit union, what’s on the horizon and more.
Oftentimes, when an employee leaves, retires, etc., they write an email with their goodbyes. Here’s one that an employee who started out as a teller and was promoted to a position in our electronic services department wrote on June 14, 2017:
“It has been a pleasure working with all of you…You have all been nothing but kind and welcoming and I have appreciated you all from day one. You all have such wonderful personalities that make for a pleasant environment to work in. I wish nothing but the best for you and your families. I’ve never been good at goodbyes, so this is see ya later.” – Jennifer W.
Another employee, from June 16, 2016:
“I will be staying at home full time with my three beautiful babies. It’s hard to believe that just 9 years, 2 months and 15 days ago, I started out as just a part-time teller. After a year and a half I found myself calling the Call Center my second home. I have grown so much. I am definitely a different person from the day I started. I have since gotten married, purchased a home and had my three children. I want you all to know that even though I am excited about staying at home, I am sad to leave. I had such a wonderful experience working with Arsenal and I appreciate all of you. The time spent here has been some of the best times of my life, and I am sure I will cherish throughout my life…Best wishes to all of you. Thanks for everything.” – Jenny M.
"I may not be a doctor or a nurse and save lives, but I do feel that I serve a HUGE purpose in our members' lives."